As seen on Season 6 of Adelady TV, Channel Nine
Fresh pizza dough (you can buy a bag in the fridge section of your local Romeo’s)
1 can diced tomatoes in juice, squashed up to make a chunky sauce
1 punnet of fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh buffalo mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- Lightly flour your bench top / work space, and lay out the fresh dough. Sprinkle with a little more flour.
- Halve or quarter the dough, depending on how big you want your pizzas to be. Shape each section of dough into a ball.
- Take one of your dough balls, and starting from the centre start pushing the dough out in a circular motion, leaving a lip around the outside to form your crust. Repeat with remaining dough balls, creating the pizza size that you desire with each.
- Time for toppings! Starting from the middle, spread some of your chunky tomato sauce across the base (leaving the edge uncovered). Sprinkle with cherry tomatoes, a few pieces of mozzarella, basil leaves and a sprinkling of parmesan. Remember — sometimes less is more!
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of your pizza and get ready to cook! If you’re using a pizza oven, pop into a pre-heated pizza oven and turn occasionally for a couple of minutes (checking regularly). You’re looking for a golden colour with a puffed up crust. If you’re using a regular oven, pop your pizza on a pizza stone and cook until golden and puffed up around the edges (this might take a little longer depending on oven temperature — check regularly).