As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 2.
For a tasty treat that’s guaranteed to please, try this twist on flavours that were made for each other.
Image credit :: Naomi Giatas
Time :: 1 hour + 2 hours cooling time
Makes :: 9
1 cup self-raising flour
100g Marie biscuits (or any plain sweet biscuit)
¼ cup caster sugar
¼ cup cocoa
150g butter, melted
200g glacé cherries
2 cups desiccated coconut
2 drops red food colouring
400ml condensed milk
150g Menz Cherry Flavoured Dark Chocolate FruChocs
150g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- To make the base, add flour, biscuits, sugar and cocoa to a food processor and blitz into fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the melted butter and continue to blitz until combined.
- Press biscuit mixture into the brownie tin, and then bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by adding the cherries, coconut, food colouring and condensed milk into the food processor. Pulse until pink and well combined. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the FruChocs. Stir through evenly.
- Pour cherry mixture over the biscuit base and spread evenly. Bake for 15–20 minutes. Allow the slice to cool completely.
- To make the icing, place the cream in a heat-proof bowl over a double boiler and warm through. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir through until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Pour icing over the slice and spread with a pallet knife.
- For best results, leave to set in the fridge for 2–3 hours before slicing.