As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 7.
This deliciously simple recipe for mud cake can be tripled to make the three bases of the Triple layered FruChocs mud cake seen in Adelady magazine, issue 7.
Time :: 35 minutes
360g plain flour
600g caster sugar
150g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp bi-carb soda
1 tsp salt
125ml vegetable oil
6 eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla paste
250ml hot, strong coffee
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Grease three 15cm x 5cm round cake pans and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, bi-carb soda and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl, then slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low.
- Add the coffee to the batter and mix.
- Divide the batter equally between the three baking pans and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Don’t overcook the cake — you want it to be fudgey!
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.