By Mia De Cesare
:: Makes approx. 20 cookies ::
:: All ingredients can be found at your local Romeo’s ::
¾ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 ¼ cups self raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ cup almond meal
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Optional – sea salt flakes, extra chocolate and salted peanuts for topping.
- Preheat your oven to 190C. Grease and line 3x large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, peanut butter, vanilla essence, brown sugar, caster sugar, and both eggs. Use a whisk and mix until it forms a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine plan flour, self raising flour, baking soda and almond meal.
- Now incorporate the flour mixture into the wet batter using a spatula or your hands! The mixture should now look and feel like a cookie dough. If it feels too thin or runny, add some more almond meal.
- Finally, fold through your dark chocolate chips.
- Now its time to roll your cookies! Grab a tablespoon of the mixture in your hands and roll into balls and place on your lined baking trays – about 2cm apart.
- Once all the mixture has been rolled, slightly flatten each ball with your finger tips. Optional – Grab a fork and lightly press down on each cookie to form a forked pattern.
- Time to bake! Place each tray in the oven and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Once cookies are removed from oven, leave to cool slightly on baking trays for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a baking rack to cool completely. Optional – sprinkle with sea salt flakes, extra salted peanuts and grated dark chocolate!