:: Serves 4 – 6 ::
:: This recipe uses our favourite local extra virgin olive oil, from Rio Vista Olives ::
100g Nothin’ But Olives Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
25g Awesome Food Company Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Juniper
125g dark eating chocolate
200g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
115g plain flour
30g dutch cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp gin
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a square 20cm brownie tin.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks and combine with the olive oils in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until all of the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and gin. Add all the remaining ingredients plus egg mixture to the meltedchocolate and stir until just combined.
- Pour brownie mixture into your prepared tin and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Set aside to cool completely in the tin before flipping out and cutting into pieces.