:: Serves 6 ::
:: This recipe uses our favourite local extra virgin olive oil, from Rio Vista Olives ::
200g dark eating chocolate
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we recommend ‘Gigi’ from the Rio Vista range)
1 tbsp Merchant Spiced Olive Oil (or favourite liqueur)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/3 cup of your preferred milk
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 cup thickened cream
Black pepper (to serve)
- In a food processor, pulse the chocolate until very fine dust.
- Combine the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Merchant Spiced Olive Oil (or liqueur) and vanilla in a cup.
- Heat milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan, stirring until all the sugar is dissolved. While the food processor is running pour the hot mixture through the feed tube, continuing to process for about 20 seconds or until all the chocolate is melted. Add the oil mixture until completely blended and glossy. Pour mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Beat the cream until it just holds it holds soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of the cream into the chocolate mixture first, then fold the remaining until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between serving glasses and refrigerate.
- Remove glasses about 10 minutes before serving to allow time to soften slightly, sprinkle freshly cracked pepper to serve.