Guest Post by Amelia DeCesare
Raw Raspberry & Coconut Cheesecake
(Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free)
Base Ingredients ::
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 cup oats
1/2 shredded coconut
1 table spoon coconut oil
Filling Ingredients ::
3 cups raw cashews (soaked)
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
Juice from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Raspberry Topping Ingredients ::
1 cup raspberries
1/4 cup coconut water
Chocolate Dust ::
100 grams of 90% dark chocolate
1. Blend all “base” ingredients until combined. Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper and press base mixture down until even an set in freezer while you make the filling.
2. Blend all “filling” ingredients together until smooth. Pour filling on top of base and set in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
3. Blitz the “raspberry topping” ingredients together until smooth. Pour over “filling”.
4. Roughly chop or blitz the chocolate in a food processor until it forms a dust. Sprinkle over cake!!
5. Finish with shredded or flaked coconut chips.