As seen in Adelady magazine | Issue 2
Morning tea, afternoon tea, dessert… you name it! This indulgent tart is the perfect all-rounder.
Image credit :: Naomi Giatas
Time :: 1 hour + cooling time
Serves :: 12
1 cup plain flour
½ cup Yummy Snack Foods Almonds Meal Blanched
125g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
½ cup icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp iced water
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp vanilla paste
1 cup Yummy Snack Foods Macadamias Raw, roughly chopped
100g Yummy Snack Foods Almond Flakes
½ cup Yummy Snack Foods Brazil Nut Kernels, roughly chopped
- To make the base, add the flour, almond meal, butter and icing sugar in a food processor and process until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Still processing, add egg yolk and when combined, add the iced water and process until dough just comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out the mixture and gently bring together to form a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make tart, preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a loose-bottomed, fluted tart tin.
- Roll the pastry out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 3mm thick.
- Line the tart tin with the pastry and trim the edges, then prick base with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the paper and weights (or dry rice) and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is light golden in colour. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160°C.
- Make the filling by placing the eggs, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the nuts and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell and cook for 30 minutes or until just set. Refrigerate until cold.