This vegetarian dish is jam- packed with fresh produce and is a show-stopping side or main.
Time 35 mins Serves 4–6 Recipe
Picture :: Naomi Giatas
150g freekeh, cooked as per packet instructions
300g medium carrots, halved lengthwise
2 tsp olive oil
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
1⁄2 tsp pepper
3 tbsp maple syrup
60g goat’s cheese, crumbled 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp pepitas
10g walnuts, crushed
10g currants, fresh or dried Fresh bunch of sage,
Fresh bunch parsley, finely chopped
1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- Place carrots in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with maple syrup and oil, then season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 10–15minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Sprinkle sage over the carrots and roast for another 5 minutes. Add pumpkin seeds, pepitas and walnuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the freekah and currants to the roasting tray and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add fresh parsley, goat’s cheese and lemon zest. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
Only the best at Romeo’s
Romeo’s prides themselves on supplying only the freshest produce to their customers, sourcing local fruit and vegetables wherever possible. This stellar family business knows the importance of gathering loved ones around the dinner table and strives to bring families together around SA. Head to their website for recipe ideas or to shop online.