As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 5.
Time :: 40 mins
Serves :: 4
Recipe :: Laura Bakhtiarian
Warm, comforting and filled with a world of flavours, this Italian dish will be a hit with the whole family.
Photo :: Naomi Giatas
375g chorizo, diced
1 large eggplant, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
500g tomato-based pasta sauce
500g uncooked pasta of your choice
¾ cup shredded parmesan
• Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
• Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
• In a large pan, cook the chorizo and onion over medium heat until browned. Add eggplant and cook until golden. Add garlic and cook for a further minute. Stir in the pasta sauce.
• Add the drained pasta to the chorizo and eggplant mixture, and gently stir together. Transfer to a large baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan.
• Bake for 25–30 minutes or until bubbly, golden and heated through.
We used: SMEG Dolce Stil Novo Oven
SMEG is so proud of their Italian heritage. Established in Italy in 1948, the company remains a privately-owned family business to this day. SMEG recently received the Canstar Blue Award for Ovens for Most Satisfied Customers in 2020, and continues to be inspired by colour, design and technology. SMEG is adored by so many for their sleek, modern and retro designs.