Recipe :: Laura Bakhtiarian
As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 5.
Time :: 2 hours
Serves :: 8
Light and sweet with a Swedish twist, this tart will have you coming back for slice after slice.
1 pack shortcrust pastry (store-bought or pre-made)
1 tsp vanilla paste
125g butter, softened
220g caster sugar
165g almond meal
50g plain flour
3 tbsp lingonberry jam (or any other red currant jam)
15g flaked almonds
2 tbsp of pearl sugar (optional)
Icing sugar for garnish (optional)
• Preheat oven to 180°C Combi Steam setting (or fan-forced). Lightly grease a loose-bottomed, fluted tart tin and set aside.
• Line the greased tart tin with a pastry sheet (join a couple of sheets together to cover the tin if needed). Trim the edges and prick the base with a fork, then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
• Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the paper and weights (or uncooked rice) and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before spreading the cooked pastry with jam.
• Reduce oven temperature to 160°C.
• To make the filling, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla paste until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Beat in the almond meal and flour.
• Spread the filling over the jam in the pastry case. Sprinkle with almonds and pearl sugar (optional). Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly, then dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
We used: ASKO Elements Combi Steam Oven
From the team who has brought you exceptional appliances from Sweden for over 70 years, the ASKO Elements Combi Steam Oven achieves the perfect bake on this Swedish lingonberry and pearl sugar tart. ASKO steam yields crustier and fluffier pastries and the perfect rise, every time. ASKO also offers their 5-in-1 option, combining steam, microwave, traditional oven, combi oven/microwave, combi oven/steam. Find the perfect ASKO oven for you online at spartanelectrical.com.au.