Image Credit :: @chrisjm_
Remember that parcel of land that’s been sitting idle in the middle of North Adelaide for decades, barricaded by fencing?
You know, the old Le Cornu site?
It has been 29 years — that’s right, almost three decades — since that site has been occupied and now YOU have the chance to register with “Your Say Adelaide” to stay in the loop and have your say in it’s revitalisation!
The City of Adelaide has officially purchased the land, and is inviting families to come down to the site, dubbed ’88 O’Connell’, to be among the first to set foot on the land for years, and be a part of sharing our ideas about its future.
But wait, there’s more…
Here are our top 10 reasons why you should be there at ‘The OC’ on Sunday:
1. It’s FREE!
2. The kids will love it — there’s face painting and lots of colourful roving performers.
3. The food and drinks will be delicious. This celebration is supported by local restaurants and hotels including Zambrero’s, The Pink Pig, Beyond India, Perrymans Bakery, La Tapita Spanish Kitchen, Himalayan Kitchen, Amarin Thai, The Archer Hotel, The Oxford Hotel and The Kentish Hotel. YUM!
4. There’s live music by Golonka so you can get your groove on.
5. #snagalert — there a Lions Club sausage sizzle that you just NEED to try.
6. City of Adelaide have thought of everything — there’ll be plenty of shady spots with tables and chairs so you and the family can enjoy the free entertainment in comfort.
7. Mr South Australia himself — Keith Conlon — is coming along to enjoy the day with everyone.
8. You can be active and call this fun day out “exercise” — there are loads of Life Be In It activities including an obstacle course, quoits, beanbag throws, skipping ropes, hula hoops, chalk drawing, Connect 4 and Jenga. Did somebody say #FITSPO?
9. You’ll be a part of history — this is the start of an exciting new chapter for this dynamic precinct and our local community.
10. You can register to have your say in the revitalisation of this important City of Adelaide land, so you can help to turn it into something that you LOVE.
Here are the nitty-gritty event details:
WHEN :: Sunday, 8 April 2018 from 11am to 4pm.
WHERE :: 88 O’Connell Street, North Adelaide
MORE INFO :: click here
We hope as many Pineapples as possible join in this great day out! xx