By Jess from Dressed in Copper
New life in the form of timber, epic brunches and ample greenery has hit Greenhill Road and let’s just say it’s my new favourite place for brekky and lunch!
Nestled amongst office buildings and hidden behind the red brick facade, Whistle and Flute is a new player in the breakfast and lunch game.
Sans Arc Studios has absolutely nailed the interior and captured the vibe of this place perfectly. Think ample timber, concrete, plants suspended above tables, pops of navy and copper ascents everywhere from beer taps to milk jugs used by talented baristas. There’s plenty of seating for those in larger groups with a long shared table centred in the middle of the cafe. On the outside are plenty of smaller tables, as well as bar style seating with a view through lush plants looking out onto Greenhill Road. And the bonus — our furry friends are also welcome!
The food is delicious! Just a few of my faves include:
1. Middle Eastern Ground Lamb with chickpeas, pomegranate, yoghurt and turkish bread.
2. Poached Eggs with Avocado lime, minted ricotta, dukkah + grilled turkish bread.
3. Bircher Museli with apple, coconut, blueberry + toasted nuts.
4. Jamacian Spiced Chicken with puffed rice, kaffir lime and coconut aioli.
5. Open Steak Sandwich with chilli, cucumber, crispy shallots and Asian herbs.
If you’re after lunch, brunch or a coffee then pop this beauty on your list. They also have a great selection of alcoholic options – beers on tap and plenty of local wines, making it the perfect stop for a after work bevvy.
You can find Whistle and Flute at 136 Greenhill Road, Unley.
You can also find the mentioned cute dogs that visit the Whistle at @woofwhistle on Instagram