INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
Cob of corn (preferably organic)
350g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into rough 2cm chunks
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
Can of organic diced tomatoes to use as pizza sauce
1, Preheat oven to 220ºC.
2. Break corn cob in half and place in steamer saucepan with chopped pumpkin. Put water in the bottom and steam covered, on medium heat for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft and breaks apart easily.
3. While veggies are steaming, place oats in food processor and pulse until a fine flour forms.
4. Add the almond meal and pulse until combined. Remove mixture from food processor and set aside in bowl.
5. Let the steamed veggies cool for 15 minutes. Cut the steamed corn off of the cob and place in food processor with steamed pumpkin. Don’t worry if it is still warm. Pulse to get a smooth, creamy mixture.
6. Pour into the bowl with the almond meal/oat mix. Add salt, desired amount of pepper and parsley. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
7. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and divide the mixture evenly between the two. Spread around to a circular shape, about 7mm thick, making the edges slightly thicker. They should be about 20cm in diameter.
8. Place trays in oven for 25 minutes or until the edges are becoming crispy and golden.
9. Take out and spread a thin layer of the tin of chopped tomatoes on each crust. Top with your favourite toppings. Mine had kale, cherry tomatoes, purple cabbage and zucchini slices.
10. Place back in the oven for another 8 minutes to give the toppings warmth and a slight crispiness.
11. Cut into slices and enjoy! I put some fresh baby spinach and avocado on after too for extra deliciousness and veggie goodness!
Oh and if you like my healthy pizza, try my Chocolate and Peanut Butter Nice-cream for dessert.