As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 3.
This cheesy side dish will quickly become a family favourite.
Time :: 1 hr 20 mins
Serves :: 8
Image credit :: Naomi Giatas
350g désirée potatoes, thinly sliced
500g orange sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
10g pack sage leaves, roughly torn 2 x
30g pack chives, finely chopped
4 tbsp garlic granules
2 x 150g blocks Beston’s Edwards Crossing Vintage Cheddar, grated to make
2 cups 100g goat cheese, crumbled
1 ½ cups (250ml) light thickened cream
Salt and pepper, to season
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Grease a 6-cup-capacity oval baking dish and layer with half the potato and half the sweet potato, slightly overlapping them.
- Sprinkle with half of each of the sage, chives, garlic granules and cheddar and goat cheese. Drizzle evenly with half of the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes and finish with the remaining cream, then the herbs, cheeses and seasoning.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until golden and tender. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining sage leaves, then bake for a further 5 minutes or until the sage is crisp.
- Stand for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
We used: Beston’s Edwards Crossing Vintage Cheddar
Beston’s Vintage Cheddar was named best cheddar cheese in Australia in 2017 and 2019, is aged up to 24 months and is even named after one of the original settlers of the Murray Bridge region. Use it to add bite to baked dishes or make it part of a platter. Find this and more great Beston’s products at Romeo’s.