As seen on Season 4 of Adelady TV, Channel Nine.
Prep time :: 20 minutes + 1 hour to set the tzatziki
Cook time :: 25 minutes
Serves :: 4
500g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
1 tsp G-Fresh Oregano
Olive oil, for brushing pita
2 tbsp G-Fresh Yiros Seasoning
2 tbsp G-Fresh Greek Seasoning
1 brown onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced thinly
½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
1kg (4 cups) Greek yoghurt
2–3 Lebanese cucumbers, finely grated
2–3 tsp G-Fresh Garlic Paste
G-Fresh Sea Salt Flakes (Natural)
- To make the tzatziki, line a sieve with a cloth and place over a bowl. Spoon the yoghurt into the sieve and leave for 1–2 hours in the fridge. This will draw out the excess water/whey and make your tzatziki super thick and creamy.
- Tip the strained yoghurt into a mixing bowl and mix in the cucumber, G-Fresh Garlic and Sea Salt Flakes.
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl and season with G-Fresh Oregano, Yiros Seasoning and onion.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan. Add the chicken in small batches and cook for 3–4 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Brush a little olive oil over the pita bread rounds and sprinkle with G-Fresh Greek Seasoning on both sides.
- Heat another non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the pita rounds on each side for 1 minute.
- Spread a generous amount of the tzatziki on each warmed pita round. Top with chicken mixture, tomato and lettuce. Roll up tightly and wrap in baking paper or foil. Enjoy!