As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 2.
Easy as ABC, this decadent dessert will knock the socks off your dinner party guests.
Image credit :: Naomi Giatas
Time :: 25 minutes + freezing time
Serves :: 6
70ml strong espresso coffee, cooled to room temperature
50ml Marsala (fortified wine)
5 Golden North Giant Twins Real Iced Coffee
2L Golden North Simply Indulge Chocolate, softened
2L Golden North Simply Indulge Café Cino, softened
12 sponge finger biscuits
Dutch cocoa, for dusting
- Line a 30cm x 10cm loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix coffee and marsala together in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Cut Giant Twins to loaf tin size, and place in the bottom of the tin.
- Spoon chocolate ice cream onto the top of the Giant Twins, and use a palette knife to spread into an even layer. Place in freezer for 10–20 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon the Cino ice cream on top of the previous layer, using a clean palette knife to spread into an even layer. Return to freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Dip the sponge finger biscuits into the marsala mixture and place on top of the Cino layer. Freeze for a further 3–4 hours, or until firm.
- To serve, carefully remove from the tin and dust with cocoa.