As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 3.
Resistance is useless! Treat your tastebuds with this indulgent dessert, which highlights one of our favourite Menz products.
Celebrating the release of Menz Mango FruChocs, this sweet treat will have you dreaming of the tropics. You can replace the whipped cream with your favourite icing.
Image credit :: Naomi Giatas
Time 1 hour + resting time
Coconut oil spray
3 cups (375g) flour, sifted
1 ½ cups (185g) caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup (90g) shredded coconut
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 ½ cups (375ml) good quality olive oil
1 fresh mango or ½ cup frozen mango, sliced
½ cup (100g) Menz Mango FruChocs, halved
Sweetened whipped cream, to serve
Fresh mango, sliced, to serve
¼ cup (50g) Menz Mango FruChocs
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• Spray 21cm (12 inch) cake tin with coconut oil and line with non-stick baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang.
• Place flour, sugar, baking powder and shredded coconut into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla paste, oil and mango, and mix well. Stir in Menz Mango FruChocs.
• Pour mixture into the cake tin and smooth the surface with a palette knife. Bake for 45–60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
• Leave to cool in tin for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
• When completely cooled, garnish with sweetened cream, fresh mango slices and remaining Mango FruChocs.