As seen in Adelady magazine | Issue 2
This super tasty salad makes entertaining a cinch. If you don’t like Brussels sprouts, you can substitute green beans.
Image credit :: Naomi Giatas
Time :: 15 mins + 30 mins resting time
Serves :: 4
5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
5 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
50g pancetta slices
8 cups Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
¼ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
½ cup pomegranate seeds
1 cup Mil Lel Shaved Parmesan Cheese
½ cup Mil Lel Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper until combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the pancetta (turning once) for 2–4 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Break into large pieces. Set aside.
- Add Brussels sprouts into the bowl used for the dressing and toss until completely coated. For maximum flavour, allow Brussels sprouts to sit in dressing, tossing occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
- Add pancetta, almonds, pomegranate seeds and shaved parmesan to the Brussels sprouts and fold to combine.
- To serve, garnish with shredded parmesan.
We used: Mil Lel parmesans
Mil Lel’s Shaved Parmesan and Shredded Parmesan are a staple in our fridges, perfect for adding extra flavour to pastas, salads and soups. Add them to your trolley at Romeo’s. For more great recipes, follow them on Facebook HERE.