Once the excitement of Christmas Day is over, and your turkey dinner is FINALLY digested, you’re often left wondering what to do with all the rellies that have flown in from interstate.
NEVER FEAR, ADELADY IS HERE!
We’ve put on our tour guide hats and come up with a list of our top 20 places to take Uncle Bob and Aunt Shirley, to make sure their trip to Adelaide is one they’ll NEVER forget.
1. Himeji Gardens to sit back and be Zen
2. Mount Lofty House for afternoon tea
3. Monarto Zoo to check out the 360 Lion enclosure, where YOU are the one in the cage!
Image Credit :: Monarto Zoo
4. Glenelg for a dip in the ocean and an ice cream
5. McLaren Vale for a beautiful day out amongst the vineyards
Image Credit :: @mclarenvaleguide
6. Barossa for the AMAZING wine of course
7. Lobethal Lights for that extra festive spirit
8. Haus at Hahndorf for some great food in a quaint German town in the middle of the Adelaide Hills…
9. Lake Breeze Wines in stunning Langhorene Creek
10. Forklore Cafe in Port Adelaide for a coffee and a sweet treat
11. Port Willunga Beach for the ultra Instagramable ruins
12. Glen Ewen Estate to do some fig picking
13. Home Ground for a bite along the Riverbank of the Torrens
14. Carrick Hill for brekky or lunch or just a nice garden stroll
15. Horseshoe Bay for a boogie board
16. Thunderbird at 41 The Strand, for a drink (or three) at the newest bar in Port Elliot
17. Mayfair Hotel Hennessy rooftop bar for the view…and an Espresso Martini
Image Credit :: Mayfair Hotel
18. Marion Bay Tavern to explore Yorkes!
19. Morialta Falls Nature Playground – because the kids will LOVE it
20. Second Valley to try your hand at cliff jumping
Image Credit :: @amautz