It’s the age-old dilemma… how do you spoil a special lady this Mother’s Day? What says ‘I love you’, what says ‘thank you’, what’s ‘good enough’, what’s… within budget?!
I’m here to let you in on a secret… as a mama myself, you could give your mum a wrapped up empty box of Cheezels and she’d probs still love it. Full one? Even better! It honestly is the thought that counts.
But, if you need a little encouragement to kick off the thinking process, here’s a big bunch of ideas to give out some love and appreciation to the incredible women in your world on Sunday 12 May. (I looked up the date… you’re welcome).
1. Treat her to a night out with the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
An elegant evening at the Adelaide Town Hall immersed by the sweetest music our state has to offer — she’ll melt in your arms. Our pick for tickets?
- For first-time orchestra goers, Classics Unwrapped 2: From Russia With Love.
- For those with a few orchestral concerts under their belt, a ticket to Master Series 4: Winter Fire.
- For the mum who likes to be in control — you can’t go wrong with a beautifully presented gift voucher.
2. Make her feel heavenly with a trip to Temple Day Spa
Treat her to some time out at Adelaide’s only five-star day spa! She’ll walk out on cloud nine and may grab some of Sharon’s incredible smelling salts to keep the good vibes going.
3. Visit Harry Hartog — the sweetest new book store on the block
Book-worms love perusing a good book store and the new addition at Burnside Village will make your jaw drop! Stocked with captivating stories for all ages, they’ve also got a brilliant range of cute cards and gorgeous gifts to make her day.
4. Bring out her brightest glow with a voucher for Elixir Skin Fitness
It’s true — good skin doesn’t need a miracle, it just needs commitment. Dermal Therapist, Rose from Elixir, is just the gal to get your mum on the right path. With her holistic approach to how health and lifestyle affect the skin, she’ll have her looking radiant.
5. Bring some uplifting greenery into her life
Better than flowers which will inevitably wilt after time, brighten up her day with a heavenly plant in the perfect pot. We’re spoilt for choice, but some of our fave green havens include Cleveland Nursery in Stirling, Good Day in Somerton Park, The Conservatory in Unley, Heyne’s Garden Centre in Beulah Park, and Karkoo Nursery in Blackwood.
6. Book her in for a feel-good session at Club Rhythm
Age and ability don’t create barriers at this incredible health and fitness mecca. Book in (even better together) for a session to improve your posture, breathing and overall sense of well being and we guarantee you’ll be hooked on feeling good.
7. Let Lauren Dilena show your mum how to embrace herself
Lauren’s not only incredibly stylish, she’s got an uncanny talent of being able to help others embrace their bodies and express themselves. Book your special lady in for a styling session that will change the way she sees herself forever.
8. Treat her to beautiful nails at Mi & Co Nail and Beauty Bar
The perfect spot for a bit of pampering! With exceptional service in a bright and calm space, it’s a mani/ pedi session that will leave you feeling brand-spanking-new.
9. Bling it up with Blue Scarab
It’s no secret that we’re obsessed with the vibrant earrings, scarves and necklaces from this gorgeous brand. You can find it in some of our favourite shops, including Habitat in Blackwood.
10. Give premium relaxation at Longview
Buy a gift voucher for your mama to totally rejuvenate with a night in this stunning 4-star Adelaide Hills accommodation. You may even like to include a special Mother’s Day wine pack of deliciousness from their range.
11. Get organised with the Mother’s Day Gift Market at Plant 4 Bowden
This is the perfect solution for those who like to be organised! Head along to this vibrant market on Sunday 5 May to find the uniquely perfect, hand-made gift for mum.
12. Walk the Mother’s Day Classic
For a truly meaningful morning, pop on your sneakers and walk or run the Mother’s Day Classic to put up a fight against breast cancer. Even better, do it with the most important women in your life and know you’re supporting other incredible women.
13. Get adventurous with BBQ Buoys
Take in the city from the most unique view, floating along the Torrens River while munching on a delicious platter, full of premium SA produce with a glass of wine in hand.
14. Have a family adventure at Adelaide Zoo
Not only do mamas get free entry with any full price ticket, there’s mini massages and Haigh’s chocolate giveaways on offer! You may even like to go all out and slide into a relaxing brunch or lunch, complete with a complementary bubbles for mum.
15. Get fancy with high tea at Beresford House
Join esteemed celebrity pastry chef, Anna Polyviou in the stunning Gallery Room at Beresford House, McLaren Vale for high tea, cooking demonstrations, meet and greet opportunities with Anna, premium Beresford Wines and a special gift for every guest.
16. Three course lunch and bubbles at Golding Wines
Indulge in a delightful three course lunch with premium wines in the most picturesque setting while being serenaded by acoustic vibes.
17. Indulge in A-Grade scones at the Haus Restaurant in Hahndorf
Quite literally the BEST scones with jam and cream we’ve ever eaten, this sweet treat will have your mama beaming from ear to ear! Then you can stroll the calories away with a wander down the main street which is picture-perfect at this time of year.
18. Brunch it up at The Stamford Grand, Glenelg
There’s plenty of options to spoil your mum at as you watch the world go by on the iconic Glenelg foreshore. Brekky, brunch, lunch, high tea… you name it, it will have her singing your praises.
19. Perfect your brows at The Eyebrow Studio, Glenelg
A novel idea but once you do this, you won’t look back and there’s nothing more girlie than doing this with your mama! Book in, then grab gelati and show off your fancy faces with a stroll along the Esplanade — or pop into one of their other four stores dotted around Adelaide.
20. Wrap it up with a GLAMWRAP Merino Wool wrap
As we head into the frostier months, why not give your Mum a pretty yet practical gift? These high quality Merino Wool wraps are stylish, comfortable, and super warm. Plus, every time she puts it on it will feel like a cosy hug from you!