As seen in Adelady magazine, issue 2.
Shhh… this slightly naughty treat is so good you’ll want to eat it in secret so you don’t have to share.
Image credit :: Naomi Giatas
Time :: 35 minutes
Makes :: 33
2 cups rolled oats
1 ⅔ cups plain flour
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 ¼ cups desiccated coconut
125g Menz Milk Chocolate FruChocs, roughly chopped
¼ tsp cinnamon
60g golden syrup
125g unsalted butter, chopped
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
45ml of boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the oats, flour, sugar, coconut, FruChocs and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan, and simmer over low heat for 3–4 minutes until melted, stirring continuously.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and water to the golden syrup mixture. Stir to combine. Once the mixture begins to foam, pour straight into the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Roll mixture into golf balls, and place onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room between them to spread.
- Flatten with your palm into a cookie shape, and bake for 8–12 minutes, or until deep golden.
- Allow to cool slightly on the trays, before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.