Have you ever bought a dress, worn it a few times and then left it to sit in the back of your wardrobe for a few years? Then when you clean out your closet and rediscover how beautiful it is, you fall in love with it all over again?
That’s how we feel about Adelaide.
Adelaide is one of the most beautiful cities, with a constantly changing landscape that just gets cooler and more chic as each day goes by. But because we are so #blessed and get to call this place home, the reality of it sometimes fades into the background and we forget how lucky we are to live here.
That’s why we made sure to go back to our roots and rediscover Adelaide — and just like that forgotten dress in the back of your wardrobe, we were pleased to find that Adelaide still suits our asses just fine!
Here’s our latest RADelaide finds…
Lady Burra is one of Adelaide’s funkiest venues, right in the heart of the CBD. Their point of difference? They’re the only micro-brewery smack-bang in the middle of our city streets. For those of you out there that aren’t a beer fan, hold up! There are plenty of other options to tickle your fancy, like the DELICIOUS food and the atmospheric space.
Finally, the Adelaide Riverbank has exactly what it’s always needed — Home Ground is where it’s at!
This brand new destination has some of the best views that our beautiful little city has to offer, and you can lap it all up with the outdoor dining options (of course, if it’s that touch too chilly then you can hide yourself away inside as well). If you’ve ever wanted that waterfront dining experience without having to get too glammed up then this is made for you — it’s relaxed, it’s affordable and for all you mumma’s and papa’s out there, it’s kid-friendly.
The Adelaide Central Market is a place where you see people from every corner of Adelaide come together to celebrate and enjoy the local and exotic produce that’s on offer. The smells, the sounds, the colours and the people are what makes your shopping experience completely unique, and it’s safe to say that it’s impossible to leave empty handed.
The range that you’ll find is second to none, so you’re bound to find what you’re after. And if you’re not really sure WHAT it is that you’re after then just ask the store owners and they’ll be sure to fill your brain with delicious information!
We visited Big Table, The Smelly Cheese Shop, The Latvian Lunchroom, Producer in Residence and JAMU – and that’s just scratching the surface!
If you’ve ever wondered about our style, then look no further — Matt Blatt has us all worked out! Every single inch of quirky colour represents everything that we love, so it’s no surprise that we walked in and immediately started calculating just how much more we could fit in our already decked-out office space.
There’s so much to know about the Watson Hotel, that it’s best to tell you about it with some fast facts:
– There are over 1,200 pieces of artwork by Tommy Watson, with the most spectacular piece valued at roughly $150,000!
– There are 115 apartments available to hire, from studio apartments to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
– 25m rooftop pool designed by Michael Klim, with a BBQ and plenty of seating areas for those warm summer days.
– The hotel itself is in Walkerville, only about 10min from the CBD.
– Speaking of the short trip into the city, it’s handy to know that you can hire a smart car for $8 an hour or $50 for the whole day, or of course there are bikes that you can borrow for free if you feel like cruising through Linear Park.
– Kids (or, in Hayley and Lauren’s case, adults) can create their own piece of art which gets hung on a wall of the hotel, which is great for any Picasso’s in the making!
– There is a delicious cafe/restaurant downstairs called Local Grind, which we tested out on our way through (you can read more about it here). They also deliver straight to your room and the quality of food is INCREDIBLE!
So there you have it peeps, steal our itinerary and explore your own city — we’re sure you’ll fall in love with Adelaide all over again!