By Style Coach Rachel Tansell-Paues
Why is it when you need to find something in your wardrobe you can never find it? We probably spend half of our lives looking for random stuff. What if you could eliminate some of that stress, especially when getting ready in the morning?
Here are 5 tips to keeping an organised wardrobe:
Image credit: mabelslog.com
1. Never put dirty or worn clothes back into your wardrobe or draws. If you have worn it once and you can get away with it again, hang it in a dedicated space so you can see it and use it.
2. Always fold and hang your items neatly. Shoving, throwing or piling them into a draw or on a hanger creates clutter and only contributes to things getting lost.
3. Have good storage. If you don’t love that space you won’t respect it. Make your life easy by implementing solutions to solve unorderly hanging space, draws and shelves.
4. Never keep things unless you wear them. Create a 12 month rule. If it’s not worn in 12 months it needs to go!
5. Be disciplined. It won’t take any longer organise your clothes after you have washed them than it would to dump them on the end of your bed and sort through them to find your favourite skinny jeans.