By Laura Bakhtiarian :: G-Fresh Spices
Poke bowls are all the rage and this healthy salmon version makes for the perfect lunch OR dinner.
:: Prep: 15 mins :: Cook: 15 mins
1 & 1/2 cups black rice
½ t G-Fresh Lemon Chilli Garlic Seasoning
300g sashimi-grade salmon (cut into 2cm cubes)
1/4 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
1t S&B Wasabi Paste
2T rice wine vinegar
1T G-Fresh Sesame Seeds (White)
1T G-Fresh Sesame Seeds (Black)
1 large avocado (thinly sliced)
2T kimchi (per serving)
100g kale (chopped)
Optional: peanuts for serving
Optional: fresh lime for serving
1. Cook rice following packet directions, then spread over baking tray and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle G-Fresh Lemon Chilli Garlic Seasoning over rice. Using a spatula, lift and turn rice until combined.
3. Combine soy sauce, wasabi, honey and vinegar in a large bowl. Stir until honey dissolves, then add salmon. Gently toss to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes (tossing halfway).
4. Add G-Fresh Sesame Seeds (Black) to salmon. Toss to combine.
5. Sprinkle G-Fresh Sesame Seeds (White) on avocado.
6. Divide rice among bowls. Top with salmon mixture, avocado, kale and kimchi.
7. Optional: serve with peanuts and fresh lime.